Sunday, August 17, 2008

So- here's the update...

NOW I can tell you the whole story. So... last week I had a meeting with the bishop of my ward. He asked to see Clinton and I and that's never a good thing LOL They made an appointment for us on Sunday and we had to wait until Wednesday night to find out what was going on. So, I was called to be the Young Women's president in the ward. I am SUPER excited... I have been in primary for about 14 years and it's been a long time since I've been in the Young Women's program. So I was feeling pretty overwhelmed with that whole situation, when the next day on Thursday I got a call from a principal that I had an interview for a 4th grade class. As you probably guessed from my previous post- I got the job. So in one week, I was called to be YW pres AND got a new full time job... super! I am so excited about both- but when I think too hard about it- I get REALLY nervous! It was driving me crazy not to say anything to anyone! Oh- did I also mention that about 6 weeks ago I agreed to coach Allison's soccer team. That starts next week too. Oh... did I also mention that I turn 40 next Sunday. Yeah- this month has been GREAT!

But to tell the truth, if I get over my nervousness about everything- I am really excited for both challenges. If anyone has any advice... just post your comments and I'll be grateful.

7 comments:

Rene said...

I'll send you a link to a site that has some good soccer practice games for U8. The other stuff? Uhmmm, Good luck, you'll be great!

The Shelton's said...

I shall not say anything for fear of being deleted once again off of your blog. Oh, and do all your new friends in your ward know what your farts smell like?

Unknown said...

Congrats Kate! That's awesome...but man alive...you are gonna be busy!

P.S. I don't see my name on your blog list...(sniff. sniff)...or Rene's either!

Jenne said...

The YW are so lucky to have you coming in Kate!!! You will be so amazing! I am excited that Brielle and Rachel will have you there when they move up in to YW.

Rene said...

I believe Traci just gave reason to be deleted again!

The Hartle's said...

I dont have any advice, but I'm sure you will do awesome! What a fun calling!

Lisa said...

That's awesome. I had that calling and it was a lot of work but well worth it. Especially with your girls in there. Good luck.