Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I GOT A JOB!


I am so excited! I got a job as a full time... continuing 4th grade teacher! It's my dream age/grade to teach and although I really wish for my peace of mind that I could have had the whole summer to plan- I am just jumping out of my chair in excitement! I had the interview this morning and he called me this afternoon. I've heard that usually in this district- you have to be subbing to get known, and then hired as part time or non-continuing to get in the district. So I was very lucky to get this opportunity! I will have to leave about 10 minutes before Kenzie and Allison get on the bus and I'll get home about an hour after the kids do. The perfect job! Now I need to teach Zach, Emily and Rachel how to cook some good meals- although with Clint's schedule- he is home 7 out of 14 days. I wonder if I could stand eating homemade french fries every night for dinner since that's his dinner specialty!


I am really nervous and stressing though over trying to learn about a new school and a new grade- plus there are some other REALLY busy things going on in my life that I'll post about later. So- just wanted to shout out the happy news! Just call me Mrs. Armitage- 4th grade teacher extraordinaire!

6 comments:

The Shelton's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rene said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you. Do your kids go to this school?

Alice Jane said...

Yeah Kate! That is great news! I love that age too. Good luck getting everything together. I'm sure you will do wonderful!

By the way, did you get my last check for the vinyl? I'm not sure that it has cleared yet. Just email me and let me know.

The Hartle's said...

Yay! Thats so awesome...you will be everyones favorite teacher!

Lisa said...

Félicitations!!! Tu seras la meilleure instructrice à l'école. J'aimais d'enseigner. Les étudiants me manque, mais pas tout le travail. Bonne chance, surtout avec pas beaucoup de temps de préparer.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats so cool. Is that the school where you dropped your app in on the way to taking us to the airport? I remember your printer only working to print your app but not our boarding passess!!