Friday, February 29, 2008
Sad, Sad Day
Well... see the cocky boy in the picture below? He's not so cocky now! We went out driving last night, and when we pulled into the driveway- he was going a little too fast and I said, "slow down... slow down!" and he accidentally gunned it and the picture below is the result. He banged into the house (that we've lived in for 3 weeks!) and broke the brick and pushed the garage door in a bit. He was SO upset. I stayed calm (amazing) and told him accidents happen. He went straight up to his room and curled up on his bed for a while. I felt bad for him. He's going to be really nervous about driving for a while, but maybe it will make him more cautious. There was no damage to the car, thank goodness! Clint has yet to see it... he's still at work. update... Clint got home from work, came in the house and said, "hey!". I was like, "ummm, did you notice the front of the house?" He said, "yeah- are you guys okay?" and he was very calm about it all. So he's going to see if he can fix the brick himself- hopefully we can get it back the way it was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I cant believe it... what are the odds! If it makes Zach feel any better I think I wrecked my first car in the first month too-oops!
So sorry for Zach, although it is nice to get the first accident out of the way. So proud of you and Clint for keeping calm. It will mean a lot to Zach. I once ruined the engine of my Bug by not putting in oil. Surpringly my step-dad didn't get mad but just let me know it would cost a lot of money. I still remember that 22 yrs later and it gives me a warm feeling in my heart for him. So, good job on parenting this week. I told you, you are supermom!!!
Hi kate put mackenzie in I don't see her in there!
Post a Comment