Monday, March 10, 2008

Emily's Birthday!!









So my girl is 13 today... a big teenager. I really can't believe it. And the best thing about Emily is her sweet attitude and kind disposition. She definately is a great girl to have around. For her birthday, we fixed up her room. Right after she got on the bus, I grabbed the paint supplies and got busy painting her room pink. She's NOT a pink girl, but she got a cute bedspread for Christmas that she had wanted with pink and brown. So the pink walls just matched with the dark brown accents. I had already made the wall corkboard/magnet board/ chalkboard and we hung that up. Clint hung up the shelf for all of Emily's little figurines and I made the window panes with all her old photos. Clint saw it and said he almost cried looking at all the pictures of Emily growing up. We're proud of you Emily!






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cool, I love the room. thanks a whole lot really

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emily! We miss you, especially Marissa. Hope you had a great day!
Love,
The Shirley's

Anonymous said...

I really like the pink. It is such a bright cheerful color and it is "happy". How fun to have a room of your own girl!!!...and the lamp is REALLY cool:) Grandma

Jenne said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I love your new room!!! It looks great! I love the quote in the picture window frame!!

The Hartle's said...

You're so creative, it looks like it should be in a magazine! Love it!

Lisa said...

Wow, I almost cried too just looking at the pictures and room. You did a great job with the room and I can't imagine my little babies being 13. I feel like I want them to grow up fast, but then when I see how fast it really happens I want to put on the brakes. Good job.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture frame!! It looks so awesome! Tell Emily happy belated birthday. Wendy

Kate said...

Mom who cares about emily my birthday is comeing up!

Kate said...

Anonymous
Mom don't listen to them my room is way cooler than hers and yes it's green ... of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

when are you going to put my room in insded of emily's ?