Tuesday, December 4, 2007

So.. Washington has been hit by a deluge of water! In our old town, they are the hardest hit I think, with I-5 being underwater and the freeway closed for a 20 mile stretch. Here is a photo of I-5 near the Walmart where we did all our shopping...


Where we live, we are okay. We had a lot of rain come down on us yesterday, but Clint and I went out Christmas shopping and really didn't know the extent of the flooding until we saw the news last night. Our kids had a 2 hour late start to school, but many schools were closed in the state. It's suppose to be the worst flood in as long as anyone can remember. Many of the ward members in our last ward are stranded at home, or have their homes flooded. I feel pretty lucky to have electricity and no water in our streets right now!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is unbelievable. have you seen any waterskiers or seadoos? Hey I'm so jealous of your new camera. You said the Canon 40D right? That is what I want. I have the 20D and hope to upgrade next summer.