Monday, July 6, 2009

Girls Camp


Last week was girls camp in our stake. I was planning on going the full week because I'm out of school for the summer, mykids are old enough to not need a babysitter, and I'm YW president and so I figured that was just part of the job. One of my counselors told me a few months ago that she really WANTED to go to girls camp, so I was quick to tell her that was GREAT!! (she does have little ones... so I bet it was a nice break).
I did go up for one overnight with two other leaders in our ward and we had a blast. The girls put on their skits that night. There were 26 skits... plus "commercials" between every 3 or 4 skits... whew! That's a lot of skits when the mosquitos are a-buzzing! That night, 5 leaders from our ward slept in the "tent/cabin" thingy that they have set up. Just as we would drift off to sleep, Jenne, one of my counselors, would crack a joke and we would all start laughing. I think it was 1:30 before we actually got to sleep.
The highlight of the trip was the testimony meeting. It's true that at every girls camp, there's a testimony meeting where the girls get up and are so emotional about their time at camp, their girlfriends, and life in general. We had the same thing happen at camp here... but these were MY girls getting up and it was so wonderful to hear their testimonies and see how much they grew during that short 4 days. We have about 30 young women in our ward, and 17 went to camp. It was fun to get to know them a bit better. I don't have too many pictures to add yet because my little camera wasn't taking very good pics, but I got some from another friend and they will probably be more coming since a couple of the other leaders took about 600 pictures and they're putting them on a blog somewhere for the girls in the stake to view.

3 comments:

The Shelton's said...

Oh, that makes me miss Girls Camp!! We always had so much fun!!

Megan Rose said...

Yeah, Stacey is such a hot mamma! Ow ow!!!!! Muah. (PS it's her birthday today if you didn't know!!!!)

Jenne said...

So much fun! Those stinkin mosquitos were huge and aggressive though. AND it wasn't me cracking jokes and keeping everybody awake. No way!