Monday, July 6, 2009

Haircuts





We leave on our trip tomorrow and we are super excited. The kids and I are heading to California for a few days before Clint, Zach, Emily, Rachel and I head to Australia and New Zealand and the two younger kids stay with Grandma. We are all excited! It was time for some haircuts, so Em, Kenzie, Allison and I headed over to a woman in our ward who does hair and she's GREAT at it! ( We still miss our Amy though!!) Everytime I get a haircut, I think about doing something drastic and different. I was looking through photo albums the other day and for most of my life, my hair has been the same length... just past my shoulders. I've had it short once or twice, but it never lasted long. So... today I decided to just GO FOR IT and I LOVE it!!!! I was worried that it wouldn't fit my face shape- it would make me look like a grandma... etc, etc. So- here's some pics of my hair and my goal is to keep up the cut and shape for a while at least. I really like that is has "style" instead of just being in a ponytail or hanging loose.

The girls also got their's trimmed, Emily had about 5 inches taken off so it's just below her shoulders, Kenzie had about 3 inches taken off and bangs added and Allison took about 5 inches off and got bangs for the first time in years. I think they all look great- although Em opted out of the photo shoot when we got home- imagine that! I AM taking photos of her in New Zealand and keep watching the blog because my goal is to post while we're on our trip having our amazing experiences!!

7 comments:

The Shelton's said...

Holy crap you look hot!! Love, love, love the hair!! Try to post while you're gone cuz I want to see where you're going and we HAVE to come over when you get back!! Have fun!!

Unknown said...

Well, would you look at my girls!!! Hot Babes of the Month! LOL Soon I will get to see some of them first hand again, Down Under, in the middle of New Zealand winter. Well done, Kate. I remember your FIRST short haircut when you were three and living in Bangkok. It was VERY short indeed. LOL See you soon, sweetheart. Travel safely.

Dad

Rene said...

Your hair looks great! I love it! Tell Emily we want to see hers, too.

Karen said...

I love it Kate. It really suits your face.....see you soon

Clarissa said...

You look fabulous! I love it!!

Jenne said...

I love it! So cute! You are so brave, I could never chop off my hair and yet yours looks sooooo good! I'm jealous, I absolutely love it!

Shelby Bingham said...

Looks great!! It's fun to shake it up every once in a while!! :)