Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day


Just wanted to give a big shout out to my wonderful Dad in New Zealand. He's always been such a great father to me and we've shared some great moments. One thing I really appreciate is that my Dad taught me to play golf. He's always liked to play, but when I was 15, I started going out to caddy for him and he taught me the rules of golf by watching him play. There was a certain course we would go to all the time and there was a big lake in the middle of the course surrounded by 3 or 4 fairways. During the summer, the lake would decrease from evaporation, and I would walk around with a bag collecting the balls that had been stuck in the mud all winter long. When we got home, we would wash all the balls and catagorize them: excellent, good and shag bag. After I was able to hit the ball fairly well, he let me start playing with him. We had some great times playing golf together, and still do when he comes to visit. Now, Clint and I love to play together and I'm really glad we have something fun we love to do. I can see us playing golf long into our senior years!

Aside from that fun memory, Dad has always been nothing but loving and supportive. I can't ever remember him not giving me full support in any endeavor that I chose to do. He's a great grandpa to my kids and I know he will always be there for me whenever I need him.

Just wanted to say "LOVE YOU" to my Dad- we'll be seeing you in New Zealand in a few weeks!

No comments: