
Aside from the fantastic hotel and the great food, they really tried to make it a worthwhile weekend. This was one of the mini-classes that we had on being organized. Sorry the pics are a little blurry...

If you can't tell.. it was a funny skit and she was dressed up like a wildly crazy and unorganized teacher. I also met some great new friends who made the weekend even more enjoyable. This is Katie and Natalie who are young, crazy teachers and always out looking for a good time (the 2:30am phone calls in the middle of the night were a bit crazy Katie!). This was after our "Yoga" session.

Probably the highlight of the trip was when they arranged a "magical mystery tour" and a limo showed up to pick us up. I've never been in a limo before and this one held all 19 of us!


The limo took us to a yummy restaurant where our dinner was paid for and then took us to a local bowling alley where we bowled for 2 hours. It was a lot of fun with so many people. They also gave us each $15 to spend on drinks, snacks etc. while we were there.

This was my team...

And this was the whole group before we left the next day.
One of the funniest moments was on the last day when a group made a skit of our "experience" at the conference. It was truly Saturday Night Live worthy and made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to die! Super fun!
Now I'm pumped up and ready to go back to school and prepare for the dreaded state testing coming up in April.
4 comments:
My Mum would be so jealous (but I'm not going to tell her because I know her too well, if I tell her she would start organising one herself!! Crazy lady!).
It looks lik you had an awesome time! Good luck with the testing xoxo Pip
Holy crap, I want to be a teacher. What perks!! Except for the fact that I can barely handle my own kids let alone 30 of someone else's - I could do it!! Yeah, right! You teachers are a rare breed and I love you for it, but I could never do it. I would prefer to decorate someone's house or plan a kick butt party. Anyhoo, looks like spring break isn't going to happen. Todd's car broke down and it'll be costing us $600 to get it fixed. And I'll be pulling that money out of my magic fairy hat!! So, I won't be driving home for the break!! Sorry!
On the next episode of "Teachers gone wild..."
It was great to see you this weekend! My kids were so happy to see yours, too! The "shoe hide and seek" was priceless!
So fun! What a great opportunity! I love workshops, conferences that get you pumped up to keep on truckin. I also love new ideas!
Glad you got to go!
Post a Comment