Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tales of a 4th Grade Something!


OK... another funny moment from my class. I have a boy in my class who is ALWAYS pushing buttons, trying to get away with what he can. He just likes to be the class clown and makes jokes to get a laugh. So... on Friday as we're leaving and the kids are packing up... the classroom is generally noisy and lots of stuff going on. I notice that a group of 5-7 kids is gathered around this boy looking at a book he has. I can see some of the photos of the book and it doesn't look good! So I hurry over to look and it's a book about the WWF wrestlers and it has a bunch of full colored photos of all the wrestlers AND the girls who are involved in the sport... or whatever they do. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with it all. However... the girls were VERY scantily clad with everything barely covered! OH MY GOSH... my mind starts running with the thought of all the parents coming and asking me what their kids are seeing at school! So I walked the boy out and talked to his grandpa who had come to pick him up and showed him the book and pictures and he said it wouldn't come back to school again. My question is why does a 4th grader have this book at all??

3 comments:

Shelby Bingham said...

Kate, I too am shocked that a child that age would have access to that kind of a book! I think you handled it well. BTW, I really like the background! I have a baby sling made out of the same print -- Amy Butler morning glory fabric. Love it!

The Hartle's said...

That is a little crazy... one more reason Maggie will never leave home!

The Shelton's said...

You're such a stickler for the rules!! LOL!! I for one am grateful for teachers like you who wouldn't let my kid stand around and look at something like that! You are a superhero, aren't you?