Monday, February 9, 2009

YW Auction



This past weekend we had our fundraiser for Young Women's camp at church. We are allowed to have one per year and we try to make it count and earn as much money as we can. The YW go go camp for a week in June and it costs about $80 per girl. We have 30 girls in our program, so that's a whopping $2400 ( I teach 4th grade math so that was an easy problem for me :) ). We decided to do a service auction because one had been done a few years ago with great success. We've spent the last 6 weeks or so planning and preparing and split the different areas up into committees. Everyone did an outstanding job and the evening went really well. The decorations were so cute... the food tasted great... the publicity was great and we had a big turnout and the items that were auctioned off were GREAT. So great in fact that we ended up making $3000!!

Some of the items that we auctioned were donated by members (such as the writing of a will, financial plan, boat party for 10, use of a pool for a summer party, bleaching trays for teeth, eye exam, quilts and aprons) and some of the young women auctioned services such as babysitting, fence painting and house cleaning. I donated a bunch of vinyl signs that went really well. Here's a picture of them...




I bid on a few things... one of them being a date night out with some good friends where they plan the evening. Looking forward to that one Stacey!! The different classes of YW also made baskets to auction. We had a little contest, but I'm sorry to say that the Laurel class lost big time! Here are the baskets... Laurels did a scrapbooking one, the Mia Maids had the Outdoor Family Fun and the Beehives did a Movie Night Basket. That one got $75!!!


The decorations were really cute too. One of the Young Women planned it all and had a black and red and white theme. All in all, the whole night was fun and we earned all the money we needed to send all the young women to camp.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute, fun night! And what a GREAT idea to earn all that money for camp! I love the V-Day theme. P.S. I wanted to see what your signs said but I couldn't read them the pic was too small!

The Shelton's said...

What a great idea and so cute!! Looks like a lot of work!! That must be why you haven't commented on my blog because you've been so busy!! Come on now, I live for your comments!!

Lisa said...

that is so fun and what great items were donated. I should pass this info onto our YW pres.