Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Built in Beds



Clint always likes to have some project to do. When we were in Western Washington- it was building homes- or at least part of them, like concrete driveways, porches, making furniture, putting up a 36X48 shop on our property, patios... etc. You get the picture! So now we live in a brand new, nice home that doesn't need much of anything. Well, we can always find SOMETHING!! Mackenzie and Allison's room is really big and slanted down a bit on either side of the ceiling. We saw a picture of a room that was shaped the same way, but had built in beds along one wall. We thought that looked like a great idea, so one day while I was at school- Clint bought the wood and got started. It look a little longer than some of his projects because our garage is FREEZING with the cold weather. But here is the final project.... Kenzie, Allison and I picked out the fabric and I sewed a couple of the curtain panels- and then one day (while I was at school again) he sewed the other 3- I mean really- is the guy just a talent or what?!?





And one of the features that I love is he included a closet area in between the beds and on the inside of the bed area, there are shelfs for their little "knicknacks". Now I don't have to see them cluttering up the dresser anymore!



Here's the man himself. I'll have to do a post on the subject of Clint's hair. He's been growing it out from his lifelong flat top and I'm really loving it. And does he like it... not so much. This isn't the greatest pic of it- but I'll try to get him to hold still for two seconds while I get some photos- because one day I just might come home from work to see that he's shaved it all off again!

9 comments:

Karen said...

That's amazing Clinton. I like the color scheme too. I usually prefer the flat-top look on you, but that picture here is great...I really like it.

StaceyOstler said...

Wow, those look amazing. So cute! Is your husband for hire? Seriously, I can't believe he made those!

Unknown said...

Such cute beds! Love them! How fun for the girks. I had the same things growing up and it was comfy. Plus the storage space was great!

StaceyOstler said...

Just showed your husbands craftmenship to Dan and he's totally jealous. He thinks they were sweet, and wishes he knew how to make something like that.

The Shelton's said...

I am jealous!! I have a honey-do-list for my man that just keeps getting longer and longer. And we're in a rental for pete's sake, there's not all that much for him to do, it just never gets done. I knew there was some reason I liked Clint. I couldn't remember for the longest time, but now I do. It's cuz he builds you awesome stuff like that!!

Pippa Armitage said...

Well done Uncle Clinton!! I wish your generations handyman-hood had rubbed off on my husbands generation, I don't think he even knows which end od a hammer you use.... Joke, he's not that bad (but seriously, he is!!) When you get here you'll have to do a workshop with the boys!! By the way I like the new hair. Steve is getting less and less everyday so if you have the abiliy to grow it you have the obligation to do so, for your fellow man!! Plus I think your wifey likes it, just a little something I picked up in her writings.
Love you all, can't wait to see you
xoxo Pip

Krissy Mae said...

Oh my gosh! Those beds are TOO cute! You guys are so inventive (Is that a word?) ha you get the point! Love you guys!

Lisa said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! you guys are out of control. Again, could I hire you to come stay at our house for a week? I start making the list.

The Hartle's said...

This looks like a dream room! I think I would have never left my bed if I had that! Looks amazing!