
The other day Allison was telling me that she was totally bored! Don't you hate it when your kids say stuff like that? So- I was going on and on about the great stuff she has to do around the house; computer, TV's, playstation, Wii, Nintendo DS, read a book, play with her toys and on and on. Then, I pulled the "mom" thing and said, "you know... there are kids in the world that don't even have toys, they just play with rocks and sticks.
So, today Allison came home from school and said, "Mom, where's that place that only has rocks and sticks and doesn't have toys?" It took me a moment to remember what in the heck she was talking about. Then I remembered and asked why. She said, "there's a new kid in my class and he comes from really far away." She had been wondering if he came from the horrible land of no toys!
5 comments:
that is hilarious, I love pulling the "mom card". Then cringe after I say it.
That is so funny!! I often tell Mack that I will give his stuff to the poor people if he doesn't take care of it. He turns around and says, "But Mum, we are poor"..... Perceptive little pain!! (we aren't poor we are just young and starting out in the world.... ok we're poor!!)
xoxo Pip
How cute! I also threaten to give my kids toys to poor children if they don't take care of them... I will have to call Allison to find a good place to send them when the need arises.
hey Armitages...happy new year!!! Looks like a great way to end and start the year. That Mummy card seems to be a popular card to pull when all bribes and threats are exhausted. Yep used it plenty of times on Haydee. And somehow they seem to pull out that wild card which puts me back in my place. Four lil words are popular now...Because I said so...hehehe lots of laughs though.
That is a great story! So funny! I miss her and her cute voice!
Post a Comment