
We went to visit friends in Chehalis and Tumwater this past weekend. We moved here from there last year and although we LOVE it here, we really miss the good friends we have there. First, we dropped the kids off at their friends homes on Saturday morning as we got into town. They were staying with three different families and they were so excited to hang out with their buddies. Then Clint and I went to Tumwater where he used to work. I went to the house of one of the officers wives who was hosting our traditional (3rd year now) craft party. I take my vinyl machine and they bring boards to paint etc. I cut out the lettering as they paint and they we put them together. It was so much fun.
While I was busy crafting and eating yummy sugar cookies with the ladies, Clint went over to the police department and went riding with his old buddies. These guys are seriously like brothers to him, he loved working with them so much and we have to go through the homesickness for a few weeks after we get back. But he does love living here, but misses the closeness the officers had over there.
I caught a ride back over to the station with Patti (the officer in the pic above) since she was starting her shift and chatted for a while with everyone at the station. Clint and I went and checked into our hotel, sat in the hot tub and then got ready for the annual police Christmas party. We had a GREAT time visiting with everyone and having a white elephant gift exchange. It always gets a little heated with gifts being "stolen". There are also usually some pretty funny gifts, but this year it was pretty tame! After we left, Clint and I went over to the mall and just arrived in time to catch the late showing of "Four Christmases". It was nice to not have to worry about getting up early.
This morning, we got up and after we got ready, we headed to Chehalis to go to church in our old ward. It's just like coming home when we go back there. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly and I get to catch up with my girlfriends. They are SO awesome and we have so much fun when we get together. All we had time for today was a chat in the hall and some photo ops before we had to leave. It was a great weekend though. Good friends are so great to have. I'm so glad we still have all our old ones, and that we've made so many new friends here in Kennewick. Traci- I sat by your family at church so they wouldn't be lonely- but you were missed :) I also had to take this pic of Western Washington out the window this morning. Of course it was pouring! As we crossed the mountains on our way home today, the sky cleared and the clouds were gone. I love coming home!




3 comments:
Okay, I seriously just teared up there for a moment looking at those cute pictures of all our girls!! Oh, how I miss all of them!! What a fun weekend. Next year we'll have to road trip it back together with some of our kids for another visit. Love ya!!
It was great to see you! Lindsay was so sad that Allison had to leave! We miss all of you so much! Hopefully we'll see you in the spring!
Looks like a fun trip! And I love the Christmas card on top!
Post a Comment