Monday, December 15, 2008

Basketball


Zach's been playing basketball with the sophomore team at school. It's so fun to go and watch his games. I know... it sounds a little prejudice because I hated going to soccer so much, but lets put it in perspective shall we? #1- soccer came at a very bad time this year- just as school was starting and a brand new full time job (two actually with the whole Young Women's thing as well). #2 basketball is an INDOOR sport and during the cold weather, much nicer :) It's been snowing around here for the first time this year and it's COLD. We had a two hour late start at school and another late start tomorrow. I made hot cocoa for the kids in my class today- they loved it.
Anyhoo... here's some pics of Zach and my two fellow spectators who love to goof around. OH! Before I forget- so... Zach told me that while they watch the videos of their games he can hear me yelling in the stands because I'm close to the camera (I really don't yell that much). So... I told him I'm going to purposely say really embarrassing things about him next time and sit RIGHT by the camera. Like I could talk about him drooling on his pillow or how he used to play Power Rangers with Emily... wouldn't that be great! I can see him sitting with his team and hearing embarrassing things right now.

Basketball paraphernalia... $100; drivers license fees...$45.00; money for movie nights with friends...$15.00; embarrassing your son in front of his friends... priceless!

3 comments:

Pippa Armitage said...

I totally hear you with the soccer v basketball... Sorry girls, but at least something happens in basketball, it a basketball game ended with the score 1-0 that would be pretty bad, but if that is the score of a soccer match, people cheer enthusiastically because something happened!!
BTW, Auntie Kate, hold off on the embarrassing comments, kids have big eyes and ears, imagine what they have seen and heared you do over the years... It can backfire BIG TIME! Just ask my Mum!! Tee hee hee. You are welcome Zach!

xoxo Pip

Rene said...

Fun, Fun, Fun... we are also enjoying basketball season in the warm gym on cold nights!
Your family picture on your header is BEEEEUTIFUL!

The Hartle's said...

First of all, is Zach really that old. He looks so cute in those pics and ofcourse I love the ones of Clint and Ali!