Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Date



So- my boy is growing up. Zach turns 16 on the 19th of this month and he just got invited to his first date/dance. The Priests and Laurels at church are having a "Blast From the Past" dance on the 22nd, just 2 days after his birthday. It's a girl ask guy thing and today when everyone got home, there was a huge box on the doorstep with Zach's name on the front. He wasn't home because he was playing basketball with a friend. So I called him to let him know about the box and sure enough... he was really excited! I picked him up and he opened it first thing, with all his sisters looking on excitedly. It was an invitation from a cute girl in the ward asking him to the dance. The box had cookies inside taped to the inside of the box and filled with popcorn. The cookies all had a different letter on them, to spell out the phrase, "will you blast to the past with me". So fun!

6 comments:

Karen said...

This is the beginning of all the fun stuff!! What a great guy Zach is too, He's a good sport to let the girls share his moment.

StaceyOstler said...

K, so I'm dying to know, who in the ward asked him?

Go Zach! Sweet for getting a date lined up before he even turns 16. That dance looks like it's going to be so fun I wish I was 16 again! (Just for a night :)

Kate said...

Jenna Perry :)

The Hartle's said...

What! How is he so big! I cant wait to see you guys soon!

Lisa said...

How cute is he? Last time I saw him he was about 1. I guess that was the only time I saw him.

Jenne said...

Wow Zach first date hn??? Be good and nice and don't scare any little girls. Girls like it when you are good with kids. LOL! hahahahahahahahha