Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Seriously??


Okay... so my sister-in-law just informed me that I don't need sleep... I need to update my blog! Thanks Karen! But you're right- it's been two weeks, but honestly my life is just not that exciting right now. I am enjoying my job- I have 31 kids in my class which is huge- but they are really cute and fun to teach. All the kids are doing great- Zach is dying to turn 16 next month and thinks he's going to be a dating machine- we'll see! Emily was diagnosed with scoliosis a few months ago and will have to go back to Spokane in Dec to have an MRI and get fitted for a brace. She's already getting tall- probably about 5'6" now and according to the doctor she hasn't hit her growth spurt yet. I'm pretty sure Zach has now though... he's 6'2" and has a size 14 foot. Rachel still has a bearded dragon that is getting bigger... and bigger... and bigger. Did I say bigger? She also made Mom and Dad REALLY proud when she almost got a perfect score on the reading portion of the state standards test last year. She scored 7 points away from perfect- way to go Rach! She also got excellent in Math and Science. All that brain power that goes in to her sassiness has to go somewhere in her education- right?

Mackenzie is still playing soccer and visiting with friends who live next door (did I mention that our two new neighbors are BOTH Mormon? I'm telling you.. it's like a mini-Utah around here)- and she loves to do handstands in the house and play the piano constantly much to Zach's chagrin.

Allison is getting really whiny and stinky lately. Must be a phase. She cries and whines whenever she doesn't get her way! It's bugging me- but she's the best soccer player on the team (I'm a little prejudiced) and she is SO dang cute. The picture I'm attaching to this was taking by a friend who was at the school when they did the jogathon and got this photo of Allison running the track.

So- that's the news from around here. Oh yeah- Clint is still plugging away at work and getting the bad guys. I'm still learning about the Young Women's program and working with them on their talent show coming up- we have an "in" with a professional choreographer (thank you Jenne!) who is helping the girls with their secret talent!

4 comments:

Rene said...

I love hearing (reading) what all of the kids are up to.
I can't believe that sweet Allison is whiney! She gets her soccer skills from her original coach! Rachel is a genius! Zach cannot possibly be almost 16!!! Mackenzie is playing the piano? That's awesome! Poor Emily... sorry she has to get a brace and I can't believe she's as tall as me! Still sweet as ever, I'm sure!

Karen said...

Thanks Kate, you can take a nap now.
The kids sound great, can't wait to see them again

Lisa said...

What are you talking about. Each of those things could have their own entry. Now, drink a Dr. Pepper and get back to blogging. Hey, I'm in Cancun right now and I met a Frenchie and we chatted for quite a while. I was so surprised at how quickly the french came back. He was amazed that I haven't lived there in 18 yrs.

The Hartle's said...

So good to hear from your cute family! Glad you are loving school! Love ya!