
I haven't done anything in my blog this week, but I've been saving up pictures to share. Last Monday, we went with some friends in our ward to a local dam to go fishing. We haven't had much luck in the fishing department, and Nathan is a big time fisherman- so they were nice enough to invite us out to go give it a shot together. Jodee isn't a huge fishing fan, so she took the kids... and my camera (she has the same one) and went off to play while Clint, Nathan, Rachel, Emily and I tried out fishing. Nathan caught a pretty good size small mouth Bass, but he threw it back. Right at the end, Rachel caught a small Bass, and she kept it to show Zach (who was at EFY still). We had a great time and after looking back on the photos- it looks like the kids had fun too... thanks Madder family for taking us!


Also this week.. the new book Breaking Dawn came out! Wooooo hooooo! My countdown widget was on this site. I absolutely LOVED the first three and I went at midnight on Friday with some friends from my ward to get the 4th and final book. My friend Jenne wore her "Do I Dazzle You" shirt. It was so great how many people were dressed up in prom dresses... or had made their own shirts. These girls were my favorite. They were all dressed up in their pink veils and pink shirts that they had created themselves. The shirt in the middle says, "Team Undecided... every girl desires an Edward, but every girl deserves a Jacob"


We had gone at 3pm in the afternoon to get our red bracelets so we wouldn't have too long to wait in line. They were pretty organized about the whole thing and I got my book by 12:10am and was then home to read, read, read until 3:30am. I finally couldn't hold my eyes open any longer, so I slept until 10am and then read again until I had 100 pages left. Clint and I had a party to go to (pics below). Once I got home, I read until it was finished. I was so happy with it... just LOVED the book and loved how Stephenie Meyer wrapped everything up so nicely. The funny thing is that while I was at the party, Emily read the first 400 pages! She was more than halfway finished in the 5 hours were were gone! She's as fast as I am reading books!
Don't you just want to say "Wonder Twin Power's.... ACTIVATE!"
Now... I did have to stop reading only 100 pages before the end of the book! Yikes... it was so hard- it was getting very intense. But, a guy that works with Clint invited us over for their annual "Survivor" party. They have 60-70 people in their backyard and they invent games that are similar to the Survivor games on TV. There were three teams that got "buffs" and competed against each other. I talked Clint into playing so I could have a good laugh! His team ended up winning out of the three teams, so they all had a couple games to find the ultimate winner. I was very proud of my husband who pulled out in front to be the final winner as he kareoked "YMCA". He was so worried when he saw that Kareoke machine come out... but he gave it his best go- and won! It was his great personality... and NOT his singing that won it all! Of course, winning all the challenges was a little easier since he was the only sober one by the time the night ended! Too bad it wasn't 1/2 million dollar prize- but he did win a gift card for PF Changs... a local restaurant. Out Wit... Out Last... Out Play!










4 comments:
The fishing trip looked like heaps of fun. Clinton and Karaoke!!! I'm impressed. And the widget countdown...I was wondering what it was all about! Kate, you're a fanatic, and having lots of fun while you're at it!!! Val and the girls will be winging their way home very soon. I can't wait!!!
I am so sorry that most of the fishing pictures are blurry! Not enough light. But they sure had fun, thanks for coming with us!
I have never been to that place. Looks like fun. I had a blast at the Breaking Dawn Event, I just love hanging out with you Kate. You totally crack me up. I love that you are as crazy about the books as I am.
wow, you've had a lot of fun. I just started Breaking Dawn, but I thought of you that Fri night and figured you'd be buying it.
Post a Comment