
Okay.. We've been having a great time while Clint's family has been here. Trying to fit in activites each day to keep things fun and interesting. Here's some fun stuff that's been happening... I'll start with yesterday- Saturday. Megan... the 16 year old niece is very, VERY into basketball. She's a star player in New Zealand and is interested in playing college ball somewhere. So one of the things she really wanted to do here was see a basketball game. So we found out that the Seattle Storm were playing the LA Sparks last night at the Key Arena in Seattle. So, Clint, Val, Megan and I went to Seattle for the day. Stephanie wasn't really interested, so she stayed home to go to a church dance with Zach. On the way to Seattle, we stopped at some outlet malls, and then did the touristy Pikes Place Market in Seattle where they throw the fish around to each other. It was cool. Here's a great pic of Val and Megan and the guy who worked at the booth.
I didn't get any cool pics of the basketball game because I didn't take my camera into the arena with me, but Val got some cool ones of Megan standing next to a life sized poster of one of their players Lauren Jackson (who is 6 foot 5 inches!). Megan also got a cool Storm basketball jersey to wear at home.
A funny story about Megan... She seems to think that everything in America is on steroids! LOL Our house is supposedly on steroids because it's big. Plus the cars are on steroids, the M&M bag of candy at Costco is on steroids (everything at Costco is on steroids!) and even the Slurpees at 7-11 are on steroids. She is so funny! I guess everything here is just super sized!
So... last week we took them to the local park for lunch and to play. Here's some photos at the park.
I bought the Twilight book for Val and her girls because of course I'm a HUGE fan. I gave her the one hour challenge and said I didn't think she'd be able to stop reading if she read for an hour. The verdict is still out because we've kept them too busy to read!
Clint was on duty, so he came over and had some sandwiches at the park with us.
We've been playing lots of card games... Allison is falling asleep on the table!
And the girls got to go to a young women's activity swimming at a members house.
And another fun thing we did was a barbeque with some of the member families we have surrouding us. We decided to only invite the members who are within a one block radius- even though there are so many families we wanted to invite. We ended up having 8 families... plus the missionaries. I LOVE living here! By the way... this is not all our yard. The lot next to us hasn't been developed yet.
So- all in all we are having a great visit. Today is church... tomorrow we will go swimming somewhere and hit the clothes stores again. Then Tuesday is a youth conference for the older kids and Val and I are going to try and get to the temple. Then they leave Wed. We will sure miss them, but I know Karen and her gang in Utah can't wait to get them over there.












1 comment:
Cole and Lauren were so excited to see these pics and to here the stories. Val emailed me lots of additional info. I know they had a great time. Thanks for passing on the blog fever. It sure is fun to be able to participate from afar. Love you guys
Post a Comment