Saturday, May 10, 2008

Super Saturday


Today was our wards Super Saturday. They had a bunch of cute projects, but some of them were vinyl lettering boards, which I can make at home. So, I signed up to make this cute family sign. I really love it! It's super easy to make and could use any letters to make up a name, word... or whatever. Here's how you do it...




1) cut out the letters, or buy them unfinished from a craft store


2) pick out coordinating scrapbook paper


3) trace the letters on the paper and cut out the letters from the scrapbook paper


4) use wood stain to stain the sides and back of the letters made of wood and let dry


5) put "modge podge" or any decopage glue on the wood, and attach the letters


6) after they are dry, sand the edges to get off excess paper


7) use an antiquing gel or ink pad to stain the edges of the wood to give it a distressed look


8) when it's all dry, use the modge podge again to go over the top and seal it


9) embellish with anything you want!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Honestly, I had no idea you were little missy Holly Homemaker. Why didn't you cook and clean and make cute projects for us in Bienne? I love the Y sitting on the L. Our Super Sat. isn't until Nov. So, I bought The Host, but I can't read it til I finish Pillars, only 300+ more pages. I can do it.