Thursday, May 29, 2008

A great visit from friends

We have been having lots of company lately and I love it! It's so fun to be able to visit and show people around. Traci, Todd and their family came from our old ward in Chehalis to come visit for memorial day weekend. When they got here Friday night, we were all tired so we didn't stay up long- it was about 10 when they arrived. Saturday, Traci, Todd, Clint and I all hiked up Badger Mountain. It's a 1.4 mile hike up the hill and of course the same back down. I had told Traci to bring tennis shoes... but she forgot! But, she was a trooper and wore her sandals. The trail is pretty good and not too rough, but hiking in general requires good footwear. So, it's a pretty hard hike if you're out of shape- and Traci and I could be heard panting and gasping all the way up. But- Traci was the first one to make it up the hill. On the last stretch, we slowed down and rested for a minute on some rocks, but Traci passed us by with her nose in the air, giving us the one fingered salute and made it all the way to the top first. She was a little hateful going up... but those endorphins kicked in once we started down and she loved us all again. In fact, I guess it wasn't TOO bad because she went again with me on Monday morning to hike it before they left town- this time she squeezed into my tennis shoes which were on the small side. Next time Traci- bring tennis shoes! If she posts pics on her blog- I'll copy them here. I didn't take my big heavy camera up the mountain- but she took her smaller digital one, so I'll have to get copies.




So- after we got home from the hike, we took the kids to a fun park in Richland. They have three kids and Marcus... the almost 3 year old rarely has a smile to give me. But when he saw me pull my camera out- he hopped up on a rock and started posing. It was the funniest thing ever! Todd was so embarrassed at his desire to pose for the camera... but I seem to recall another photo that I captured... hummmm...










Of course Allison and Raquel were totally excited to be together again. They were great friends in Chehalis, and it's hard moving away from good friends! They have plenty of play time.








And of course I can't leave out Raigan who is just such a cutie... the kids all had fun playing with her and fighting over holding her.








Traci and Todd spent a lot of time playing card games with us, which is just what we love to do. We played into the wee hours of the night on Saturday and Sunday night. Not so great for a diet when your munching away on cookies, popcorn and making italian soda's!






On Saturday, we went to see Indiana Jones too and we were so disappointed. I loved the ones of the past and we were hopeful this would be as good. It's not! So- unless you are just dying to see it- wait for the DVD. Sunday was church and more food and games. And then of course on Monday, as I said, Traci hiked the mountain with me again and then they left to go back to Chehalis. It was a GREAT trip and we look forward to getting together again.




No comments: