So I finished "The Host" late last night. I was really impressed by Stephenie Meyer's first three "Twilight" series of books. I honestly don't know why they are so addicting, but they really are. I haven't met anyone yet who has read them and not loved them. So I was very excited to read "The Host", although it's not part of the Twilight series at all. It's kind of like if JK Rawlings came out with a book that had nothing to do with Harry Potter... I would be excited to see what kind of new characters she came up with.
So- for me, the first part of the book was hard to get into. It didn't grab me right away like Twilight did. After about the first 100 pages- we know more about the background of the story and the plot really starts moving and developing (it's a 619 page book). The last 2/3 of the book I didn't want to put it down. By the end, I was crying and really loving all the characters. After finishing it last night, I have to say I really loved it. Again- it's hard to really get into it at first, but if you stick with it- it's worth it!
It's also written for an adult audience, but I gave it to Emily to read. She loved Twilight also, and The Host is very clean and appropriate for teens. So go start reading!
1 comment:
Thanks for the info on the book. I keep having people ask me if I've read it yet and no, I haven't even bought it yet. I got a little bored with the Twilight series. I was tired of Bella being so in love and so melodramatic about it all and the love triangle although I must say I prefer Jacob. But, I will read it after I finish my 1,000 pg book that's taken me forever to read. I still have a couple hundred pages left.
Post a Comment