Friday, April 18, 2008

Photography Balloon challenge

So in this photography club that Clint and I joined, they have a monthly photo contest. This month the two categories were balloons and black and white. I have been wracking my brain all month trying to find something I can do with a balloon. Some of the pictures I tried to take were laughable! So- today is the last day to enter and I really wanted to get something in. I took Allison to the park this morning and took some shots. I have about 5 I'll post here. If you get a chance, tell me which one you like the best. I'm not sure which one I'm entering yet. My fear is that none of them will be any good! They always have people critiquing the photos and I'm afraid to sit there and listen LOL!

I'm not sure I want to put one of Allison's face in my contest- just because it's really about balloons... what do you think?
photo #1



I played around with color on this one and made the balloons a brighter shade.

Photo #2



I like this one because I made the colors more muted and the balloon colors make the photo "pop" more. I also like that Allison is in the shot- but she's not the main focus.
photo #3


I also really like this one. The colors are more "sephia" and I like the shot angle. It's like the balloons are there... and they are focal because of the brightness of color, but they aren't "in your face".

photo #4


So- I'll let you know which one I enter, but if you get a chance, tell me which one YOU like the best.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sure it's too late for my input but I just had to comment. First of all, great job. I like #3 the best cause of the angle and focus of the balloons. I would like to see what it would look like with the popping colors of #2 though. Great job. Also try doing black and white with everything except the balloons. that could be cool too. Congrats on your talent.

Anonymous said...

I definately like the first one with Allisons face. The others look like you are off target somehow......Mom

Anonymous said...

I WANTED TO SEE MY FACE IN THERE!

The Hartle's said...

I really like #2 because the balloons are so bright! But ofcourse the one with Allison is adorable!