Thursday, April 24, 2008

odds and ends

So- just a few things going on around here. I don't think I mentioned that my calling at church is the primary secretary. I LOVE it. I get to take roll, keep the records, arrange talks at church, and just generally walk around looking busy without the stress of teaching or preparing! We got a new primary presidency on Sunday- our old president had been in 3 1/2 years. Luckily, the new president didn't change me, but kept one counselor and me. I have SO much stuff to take to church now each Sunday though. One of my friends at church has a really cute bag for her primary stuff and I mentioned how cute it was. So- she was sweet enough to make me my own for my secretary stuff! Isn't it cute??
Very spring like!
I also recently updated my family photo wall. I put each of the kids names next to their picture in different fonts and in different places. So- when Clint get's home and notices, he says, " do you know that Rachel's name is crooked". Ummm, YEAH!.... GUYS!!!!!!
Other things I've been doing... I painted Kenzie and Allison's room. It's going to look so cute! I'll post pics when I'm done, but right now it's just a shambles. It's going to be the official guest room too. I put a queen bed in there, and they've been sharing. The first night I told them that at night, I can always reach over and put my foot on daddy and know he's there (a little too much information right?). So, the other night, Kenzie was complaining that Allison scooted too close to her at night. I told her to stay on her own side and she said, "but Kenzie... Can I just put my foot on you?" Isn't that cute. Kenzie said yes.
I also joined the "biggest loser" club at church. Some women in my ward started a 12 week program a few months ago and weighed in once a week for motivation and shared stories, exercise etc. They lost 130 pounds all together. So they started it again this past Monday (everyone puts in $20 at the beginning and there's a prize at the end for the top 3 or so). Three times this week I've gone over to Badger Mountain (they call it a mountain but it's a big hill) and done the hiking trail. It's 3 miles round trip and it kicks my butt going up! I'm panting so hard I can't even talk. So- I'm trying to exercise four times a week and eat well- I guess now that I've blogged about it- I'll have to share my progress.
That's it for the week. Until next time.

1 comment:

The Hartle's said...

It sounds like you guys are loving your new ward! What days work for us to come visit?