So today, I'm going to blog about my past hairstyles and reminisce. Now remember, no laughing at my ridiculous hairstyles of the past! When I was twelve, we lived in Kirkland, Washington near Seattle. I remember having a friend who had her curling iron plugged in 24/7. She would "feather" her hair and give it a little curl to train it everytime she'd pass the curling iron. I remember trying to do that as well, although I didn't have mine plugged in that much. I can't believe she didn't start a fire! Here's a picture of me around that time and my attempt at "feathering".
Forgive the horrible pictures. I don't have a scanner... so I take pictures of the pictures and then once they get cropped, they are pretty grainy. Another "hair" memory I have is when I was living in Rumsey, California (I think I was about 13 here). I had pretty long hair and I asked my grandma to give me a perm because she was really good at them. After she finished, she told me that I should trim it so the curl didn't "drag" down. I was hesitant, but they thought the curl would look so much better than if it was long and wavy. So... I listened to my mom and grandma and this is the result... remember- don't laugh TOO hard!
I went to school with the most frizzy, tight curls right up by my head! It was horrible! When my son Zach hates to go to school right after a bad haircut I totally know what he is feeling! I think this picture is even a few months after the perm... if you can imagine!
Then... when I was in young adults at about age 20 was the era of the "big hair". This was in the late 80's and I think the photo speaks for itself...
Okay- so now that you're rolling on the floor by your computer... here are a few more classics. Just some various hairstyles I've had throughout my life. Here's kindergarten,
A little FYI about this photo. The big huge "cat" on my chest is a little Avon piece of jewelry. The cat's head opened up to have a little perfume you put on your finger and rubbed on. Did anyone else have one of those? The dress was handknit by my mom... and I think this is the one I cut up in my room in anger one day when she made me clean my room. Sorry mom!
This next photo was taken in Ireland when I was about 7. My hair lasted about the hour it took to get it down, get the photo's taken and then it fell out.
And the last photo was my senior picture. I had to end on a good one don't you think? I had actually dyed my hair a really light color and it was growing out, although it's hard to tell from the photo. BUT... I do have the feathered bangs... a throwback from when I was 12. Although I'm glad they weren't the funky "big" bangs of the 80's.
So- there's my stroll down hair memory lane. Now I need to go put my hair in a pony tail!






2 comments:
Thats awesome! I love the broach!
I LOVE the 80's hair. You should offer to do hair for anyone who needs to go to any 80's party, it's perfect!
And I agree, your senior picture hair is fabulous.
Post a Comment