Maybe I'm way behind the times, but since I've moved here I've heard over and over about these new stuffed animals called Webkinz. The girls have been bugging me to go take a look at them at the mall, so, Allison had some birthday money left over and we all trekked over to the mall to take a look. Did I mention the mall is 5 minutes from my house... oh joy! Now... Emily is the huge saver of money in this family and she's saved the money she's gotten for a long time. She took some of it with her and got a webkinz too, as well as loaning Rachel a bit of money to make up for the cost of her webkinz (she had a little of her own money). Poor Kenzie was the only one without, so I bought her one as well, and she can do some jobs for me to make it up. But... Emily is sooooo thrifty... that she got her webkinz for half price. They had a special that if you bought one, you got the horse for 1/2 off, so she picked the horse. Smart girl! I really don't know where she get's it from!
Anyway... once you have the webkinz, you bring it home, use the code attached to the stuffed animal to log onto the webkinz website and you can have an animated version as well. You can do tricks with it, play games etc. You can even invite other friends that have them to play with you online. It's pretty cool. Here's a picture of the girls with their new friends.


The other great thing around here (not that webkinz are so fantastically incredible or anything!) is the sunshine! We had a little rocky start with the weather coming here, with snow, freezing rain and strong winds blowing us around... but recently the sun has been shining, the sky is blue and the temps are warming up a bit, so I can feel spring around the corner in a few weeks. I'm loving it!
This is not the most exciting photo... but it shows the blue, blue skies. It was taken in our front yard looking across the street. I can't wait for warmer weather!!
1 comment:
First of all, your girls are so cute. Second, I've heard a lot about webkinz but have never seen them and don't really understand fully, but I know my kids would LOVE them. Third, I can't believe a child would want to save money and get the 1/2 price webkinz. Thats amazing, I need to figure out how to get my kids thinking that way. Congrats on the sunshine and I appreciate the photo that catches a glimpse of blue sky. I remember in Neuchatel I wanted to get a picture of the Alpes across the lac. I waited and waited and waited. Finally the day came, I got the picture, and I never saw it again. I was there 3 months and saw the Alpes once.
Post a Comment