Last week I went to the first Enrichment night in my new ward. They had a class on making truffles and it looked like so much fun, I thought I'd give it a try today. I went out with Allie this morning and got the ingredients we needed and then dropped her off at school.

While the girls were gone, I made homemade carmel for the centers and also a truffle cream. When the girls got home, they helped me to make them.

To make the truffle cream, I melted down block chocolate (about 1 1/2 pounds) and then added 1 cup of heavy cream. I also added a bit of orange oil for flavor. That sat in the fridge for about an hour and then the girls made them into small balls for the center of the truffles. The coolest part about Truffles is how to get the filling in the centers. First, you fill the molds up all the way with melted chocolate. Then, you let it sit on the counter for 3 minutes, and then tip the whole mold tray upside down until the chocolate runs out. It will leave chocolate around the mold, but it leaves a nice hole in the center for the filling (the stuff that gets poured out is saved for future melting!)
After popping in the filling- you finish filling the molds with chocolate again. Then the molds just sit on the counter or the fridge for about 15 minutes and they get popped out... ready to eat! Of course I had to take pictures of the first taste testers!
And VOILA! The finished product!
Of course this was not just about making chocolates today... it was also an exercise in photography. I'm having fun playing around with my camera.
Clint and I are meeting a member of the bishopric tonight at the church... you know what that means- a calling! More on that later...





4 comments:
wow, forget Clint, i'm impressive with your cooking skills. They looked beautiful!!!!
Those look so yummy, i might have to try that recipe! Where they hard?
If I come to WA will you make me truffles? :)
Off to read more and find out what your calling is!
Post a Comment