Monday, January 21, 2008

Richland Trip

On Friday, I went to pick up a Budget rent-a-truck to move our stuff in storage to Richland. I really don't know what I was thinking. I went to the movie with some friends and then had them drop me off at the truck rental place. As I was pulling in, I started to panic and think, "what in the heck are you doing! You've never driven a HUGE truck before!" But by then it was too late and I was on my own. So... I picked up a 24 foot truck and drove it to my house, having a little panic attack the whole way! Here's the truck... aren't you feeling my pain!?!










Clint came home Friday night and on Saturday morning, with the help of a few people from church, we loaded our storage unit into the truck (yes... it filled the whole thing!) and we took off for Richland about noon. I followed Clint in the van, and we tandem drove all the way. However, when we were crossing the mountain pass, it was snowing pretty heavily, and it got a little tense. I didn't have chains and neither did Clint, but we managed to get across before it got too bad. We headed for the storage unit that Clint rented and we unloaded everything.




We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and I LOVE that hotel. They have a great breakfast, then they also have hot soup in the evening and cookies and milk before bed! I would head there anytime for cookies and milk! The girls went swimming all three days. I got some cute pics of them. I always seem to get the best pictures of Allison... she's very photogenic, but she also hams it up for the camera.









And then last but not least... we got to see our house! It looks really beautiful and I can't wait to move in! It's almost done... just a few last little touches and cleaning and it will be all ready for us. We are moving the last of our stuff next weekend, and I hope we can move soon after. If it's not quite ready, we have friends who are letting us stay for a few days. But I'm hoping for the best!





2 comments:

The Hartle's said...

I love that pic of Aly and I love the new house! We need to come and stay asap!

Jen said...

Your house is gorgeous! It's so pretty I made Brian come and see. And I'm SO proud of you for driving that giant truck! I wouldn't have. :)