Don't they say that life is what you make it? Well, I think we are making things really difficult for ourselves right now. Here's my story...
About 6 months ago, Clint met up with a friend who works for the police department in Richland, Washington (Tri-Cities area). He was telling us how much he loved his department, how nice the weather was in the Tri Cities and other stuff in general. He mentioned that there were openings in the city. We didn't think much of it for a couple weeks, but then since our house was up for sale to move to Tumwater, we thought that if we ever wanted to change cities and locations to move somewhere warmer, now would be the time. Zach is in his first year of High school, and we want to stay in one spot as the kids get older. So, we took a trip across the mountains (it's about a 4 hour drive) and visited Richland. We loved everything about it. The sun shines 300 days a year, the housing is way cheaper, the pay is better, there's a temple in the city and there are 6 stakes. We came home pretty excited about the thought of going there. So over the past few months, Clint has turned in an application, gone for the interview, and now we are waiting to hear. Meanwhile, as I've posted before, way back in April, before we decided all this, we picked out a lot to build our house.
So- at this point, we figure there's a good chance Clint will get this job towards the end of the year, but it's not a sure thing. So- this weekend we decided to pull out of the house we are building, because we don't want the stress of trying to sell in this market if he gets the job. If he doesn't get it, we can always buy something already built. I also told the school I'm subbing at that I don't want the job- I'm actually looking forward to subbing and getting some days off. I already have the entire month of Nov booked for a teacher who is having surgery. So... we are in a state of upheaval right now.
Also... I mentioned our tiny rental?? Our landlord just told us that the house right across the street from us is vacant. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and a huge bonus room as well as a big living room. So, we are going to move over there for the next few months. Changing over the cable, phone, garbage and all will be a pain, but worth it over the long haul I think. If we are still in it for Christmas, we may actually have a tree! In our current house, there is NO ROOM! I miss decorating for fall- I love this time of year!
So... that is our life. I feel better though that we are eliminating committments until we know for sure what our plans are.
1 comment:
WOW, you are out of control. And to think you just spent all this time picking out colors. So, does Clint have the job yet or are you still waiting. I hope you can find a place that you just love and can stay there. I hate change and never want to move. I love hearing about your day to day life. I feel like we're back in Neuchatel hanging out on the roof of our building waiting for the laudrey. Hey, is that FADI down there smoking?
I left an answer to your notebook question on mine. So, go back and read it.
I bet Bonnie has a blog. How can we find her?
Post a Comment