Sunday, September 2, 2007

The New Blog

I have a good friend who was a missionary companion with me in Switzerland. We had some amazing adventures and I've always thought she was a very talented and creative woman. She recently started a blog for her family and it's so fun checking it out and seeing new photos and entries. I thought it would be a fun way to journal fun events that happen to our family and a way for extended family around the world to pop in and see what's happening. One things for sure... we are never at a loss for things to say. We keep pretty busy.



The latest happenings around here center around a big move. We have been living in Chehalis, Washington for the last 5 years. Clint has worked as a police officer in Tumwater, which is about a 30 minutes freeway drive from our home. We decided a few months ago, that we would sell our house (dream house!) and move closer to his work. So- since we found a lot and a builder to build a new house, we needed to move to a rental for a few months until it's done. We found someone willing to rent on a month to month basis to us, but the place is about 1000 sq ft and has 3 bedrooms and 1 (!!!!!!!!!!!) bathroom. For a family of 7, we are really trying to coordinate our schedules! We now have a no-lock policy on the bathroom door and if someone is taking a shower, we are allowed to knock and go in and do our business. I can't wait for another bathroom.



One very nice thing about the location of our rental is that the school that three of the kids will attend is right behind the house. Talk about convenience! Zach will be starting high school and the whole seminary thing. He's about 3 blocks from the school, so he can walk or ride a bike in the morning. That makes me VERY happy :)



More news coming...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey Kate, This is great can you tell us how to start a blog of our own???

Talk to you again soon.

Tracy

Lisa said...

I LOVE IT. I'm so excited to keep up with you and your family.
What a great time we had together on the mission. Too bad the Lebaneze Mafia shooed up off. Hey, watch out, snipers on the roof:)

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I miss you.

Tanya