Well, I haven't been posting to my blog because I have a CD in my camera and I wanted to post pictures, but I wanted to take more before I finalized my disc. But, that won't happen for a while, so I'll just go for it. Plus the fact that I'm still horrible at figuring out how to make the photos appear just right on the screen. I'll get it one day when I have time to figure it out. I've been subbing everyday at the school I worked for last year. I'm a temporary sub while they hire a new teacher... but I applied for the job- so I may be the real thing. I applied because I love the work and the hours. It's from 8-11:45 in the morning, and it's tutoring one on one in the morning and then teaching a 90 minute reading block to 20 students. Then an hour of prep time... it's a pretty laid back assignment.
We finalized all the colors in the house we are having built. That is a real nerve wracking job. For the last 3 months, I have been over to the showroom and changed my mind at least 4 times. I love the stuff we picked out, but it's always a crapshoot (can I say that on a blog?) when you are looking at small samples of carpet and laminate to hope that it looks good on a massive scale. BUT, they already poured the foundation, and it should start framing in about a week. We should be in the week between Christmas and New Years. It would have been great to be in before Christmas... this might be the first year ever that we don't get a tree. Our rental is so small, I just don't even want to deal with it!
We are getting professional family portraits done in 2 weeks. We went over to Old Navy today and got sweaters for everyone to wear. Zach wasn't happy because he wanted black and I made him get dark brown... hey- we don't do this that often! I want the colors to match! I'm hoping I can use them for Christmas cards as well. I haven't sent those out in 2 years... and I used to be so faithful about it! Be on the lookout this year!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you FINALLY posted something. I check all the time:) Your job sounds great. What does the reading class entail? I had to teach an English through Literature class once and I must say I was completely UNQUALIFIED to do it. I can't wait to see your family photo. I've been taking some portraits of friends and family this past year. It's nerve racking cause the people are counting on them to be great for their Christmas cards but on the other hand I do it for FREE so they can't complain too much. They've actually turned out good. Post some house stuff, like your colors and have a vote:) I guess I shouldn't have written a letter but oh well,
Write back soon.
Love ya, Lisa
Kate, I still can't get my blogger set up and working properly. HELP!!!!!!
Hey does Clint still like fresh cinnamon rolls out of the oven with frosting dripping off?
Tracy
Post a Comment