Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Two Weeks Out

Zach's been out two weeks and it sounds like he's doing great. His letter wasn't nearly as detailed this week, but a central theme is how "stinking" hot it is over there. Just wait- I hear the winters get really cold! We also got a picture of the missionaries in front of the Brazil temple this morning from the Mission president and his wife.

Here's some highlights of Zach's letter...

Yeah so Portuguese is super hard and I really dont know much, I just got your letters yesterday and those are the only letters I have gotten so far so tell people to write me.
He obviously wants to hear from people!

But its going great I just went out to eat with my district agian and then we went around from store to store so im sweating like a pig! its so freaking humid!!! I just told elder Brunson that our grandmas are in the same ward and he was like what the heck? things are going really awesome I just bought a pin today of a Brazilian flag and an American flag crossing like the New Zealand one and American one I have, I love Tuesdays cuz its laundry day!!
Kind of hard to believe my son is so excited about laundry day!

I hope things at home are still moving smoothly with me not there to lie on the couch haha. Oh I forgot to tell you last week, im on the 6th floor here and we have to take the stairs! they wont let us use the elevater. I love these short sleeve shirts! Its funny being from Washington because people ask if I know other people who are out in the field and I say yup.Today im going to be memorizing the first vision and probably the purpose in portugueges cuz i need to get that done!  I hope you hid my shorts well cuz in those letters the girls said they were looking for them. I have been making really good friends with my district and my insturctors. I bought myself a Portuguese bible that is the same size as my Livro de Mórmon and a scripture bag that says Curitiba Temple and has a little outlined picture of the temple. Im super excited to see that! I cant wait to show you pics of how great it is. well my 30 mins are up so I cant wait till next week. I love you so much, and keep reading the scriptures and praying cuz they are the best! I love you again.
Elder Armitage
It's so good to hear my son realizing the power of scripture and prayer. Although I miss him, I wouldn't have him anywhere else right now.

2 comments:

StaceyOstler said...

Thanks for posting stuff about Zach. He sounds like he is doing awesome!

Karen said...

Thanks for the pictures and updates.