I had a couple personal days left at work, so I took a Friday and Monday off a couple weeks ago. Last year, I took a Friday off in May and Clint and I had a fun date day while the kids were in school seeing two movies, playing golf, and going out to lunch. I guess it will be a new tradition, because we had plans to do the same thing this year. The weather changed our mind however when we woke up to grey skies and cooler temps. We skipped the golf and just had fun hanging out. We went over to the mall and looked around for a bit. We had some Panda Express in the food court and then headed over to see "Robin Hood". I thought it was great.. a way different storyline that the original.
That next Monday, we took off with two other couples who are friends of ours to play golf in Spokane. It's about a 2 hour drive and they have some really pretty courses. We weren't able to play 5 in a group, so we ended up splitting up into 2 and 3. The course we played was gorgeous! This picture is off the first tee, a cliff that overlooks the first hole.
We had a blast... until we got on the back nine. We teed off on number 10- and the couple we had come with ended up losing the two people that had played with them. So we fudged on the rules and played 5 people. We decided to play best ball which is a much faster way to play so we wouldn't hold anyone up. Well this worked for about 2 holes until the pro shop sent an employee down to tell us we couldn't play 5. Ok... duly noted! So... one of the girs decided she was done and wouldn't play anymore. So we went ahead, playing only 4. We get 2 holes further down the course and the "head pro" comes out to tell us we can't play 5. We assured him we weren't playing 5 anymore, but he had to take one set of our clubs because it "looked" like we were playing 5. That kind of was a frustrating end to a really fun game. After complaining for a few more holes, we shook it off and just had some fun.
After golf, we went to a yummy restaurant (Sweet Tomato I think?) and then drove back home. It was a really fun day, beautiful weather, and only a little hiccup with the nazi golf pro. Can't wait until next year when we go on our annual date!!

2 comments:
So, wandering the mall and eating at the food court and going to the movies is your idea of a date day. It sounds to me like you're getting ready for retirement. LOL That is EXACTLY what we do, often a couple times a week, and the golf portion is also on our agenda. Yep, you're closer to retirement than you imagine, Kate and Clint. Thanks for sharing. Love, Dad and Colleen
Greg and I haven't golfed in years. It seems like another life time. I like the idea of your date tradition. I want to copy that.
Post a Comment