Sunday, May 2, 2010

Allison


Budding BasketBall Star



Allison- thinking she can guard two girls at once!



Yesterday was the last day of soccer games for this season. My girls just LOVE playing soccer! I'm more of a basketball fan myself, but it's so fun to watch them play any sport. Allison and I had a big discussion yesterday about how many years she's been playing. We finally agreed that this is her 3rd year of soccer and next year will be the 4th. I still think I MIGHT be missing a year. One in Chehalis with Rene and I as her coach, and two here in Kennewick. She's such a tough little player. Yesterday, she made three goals. I had made a deal with her that for the first goal, I would get her an ice cream. Any goals after that were $1 each. So I had to pay out yesterday with a McDonalds ice cream and $2.00. So this morning she brought down her .20 to pay for her tithing. :)

She told me that during the game, one of the girls on the other team came up to her teammate who was guarding Allison and said, "I'm going to help you- this one seems like a hard one to guard". Allison felt GREAT! She's being double teamed already!
I told her on the way home that I wanted her to try basketball out next winter. She talked about it for the next 4 hours! So, last night at 8:30, I had Zach take her to Target to buy a junior sized basketball. She's been dribbling it everywhere to practice. She's my little sports star!

2 comments:

Karen said...

It just keeps getting funner to watch them play soccer as they get older. High school girls are a blast to watch. Thanks for all the pictures Kate.

The Hartle's said...

Ahh, love those girls! Cant wait to see you guys this summer!