Thursday, May 21, 2009

Past Week



Here's the happenings around the Armitage house this week. First, we had a teacher appreciation dessert night for mutual a last Wednesday. Each of the youth were suppose to invite a favorite teacher to honor them for their great work. We had about 8-10 teachers come help us eat ice cream sundaes... yum! As usual, my counselors were amazing about getting everything organized and planned out. Here's some photos of the decorations and Rachel trying to stuff as many gumballs into her mouth as possible! She also invited her science teacher who was a great sport to come for the evening. It was Rachel's first night at Young Womens since turning 12. Can't you tell she's so shy and quiet!









And then just this past week, we had a visit from an old Tumwater friend. This is "John" who was the commander in Tumwater when Clint was working at the police station there. He is a super great guy and was recently promoted to Police Chief. He was at an annual seminar in the Tri-Cities so he came over and had dinner with us. I always warn him that motorcycles are an off limit topic because he gets Clinton going about getting a new one (not that he needs ANY encouragement to want that!). I have to say, he was a really good sport because during dinner, I leaned over and whispered to Allison to ask the "chief" to pass the butter. I thought she didn't hear me, and I didn't repeat it. About an hour later, we were playing pool and Allison yells out, "Hey Chief!" She was asking him something and the look on his face was great. I was cracking up! So the rest of the night, she kept calling him "Chief". Of course he was playing it up and being really fun with the kids. It was great to see him- here's a photo with Clint. You can tell that Clint is just about cracking up over some silly comment. Such fun! We really miss those Tumwater guys.





4 comments:

Rene said...

What a great mutual activity! I'll have to steal that idea! Rachel is always up for a good time! I love that girl!

The Hartle's said...

I cant believe how cute Rachel is... and she is growing up too fast!

The Shelton's said...

Those picture frames look super cute!! Did you make them? Great idea. Wish I was still in YW's and I would steal it too!! School's almost out - are you on final countdown or what? I know I am!!

StaceyOstler said...

I didn't get my camera out once that night. I'm going to snag some of yours to put on my blog. Hope your having a great day off of school. See ya Wednesday. Thanks