Friday, May 15, 2009

Date Day

About a month ago I realized I had a day of personal leave to still take this year- use it or lose it! So, Clint and I had a great idea to have a big date day doing lots of fun things all day long while the kids were in school. We both took today (Friday) off.


We had a tee off time for golf at 8am and the weather couldn't have been more beautiful! No wind or breeze and it was probably about 60 degrees when we started about about 70 when we finished at noon. Clint played GREAT and shot an 84 on a course that we've only played 9 holes of once. I shot a 94 which was fine with me as well. Here's some shots on the course...










And Clint being silly!!



After golfing, we headed to lunch at Red Robin. Our neighbors had given us a gift certificate because Clint had built the fence pretty much by himself, so they wanted to say thanks. We had a yummy lunch and moved on to our next activity!



A few years ago, Clint and I both read the Dan Brown books like Da Vinci Code, Deception Point and Angels and Demons. They are GREAT! So when Clint heard the movie was coming out, he was so excited. He even bought the book and read it again. So, after lunch, we headed to the movie theater to see Angels and Demons.

We both thought it was a pretty good movie, but since Clint had just read the book, he remembered it better than I did and he was a little disappointed at how much they changed. I don't know why they feel it necessary to change little elements around in the movie when the book is so successful! After the movie, we hurried over to the OTHER movie theater in town to see Star Trek!! I was REALLY excited about seeing this one!


Something really funny happened though. While I was getting a drink in line, Clint pointed to a theater door and said the movie was in that theater. I went and met up with him in there about 2 minutes before the movie was going to start. We waited a bit... saw some before preview "previews" and we were wondering why it wasn't starting. I turned to the ladies sitting behind us and asked which movie they were seeing. They said, "17 again!" We both started laughing, got up and went and found the right theater! We were lucky that they had Star Wars starting 30 minutes after the one we were suppose to be at, so we ducked in there and saw all the same previews again and entertained ourselves by repeating all the lines. So annoying of us!! I told Clint he did well giving me a GREAT blog entry!! :)
So- the movie was EXCELLENT and I was happy to see that they left it wide open for many more Star Trek movies.
What a fun day we had- we decided to make it at least an annual event!

3 comments:

The Shelton's said...

That sounds like such a fun day! Todd and I used to do that on a Saturday when we lived in Chehalis and had babysitters we didn't have to pay!! Now, not so much. Babysitting is expensive!! I'm so excited for Nick to come at the end of the month for a whole week so we can use and abuse him!! You look fantastic by the way and I just love you to pieces.

Lisa said...

What a fun day. You are a woman after my own heart. That is exactly what Rick and I would have done, esp 2 movies!!! I love ya

The Hartle's said...

That really does sound so fun! We might have to try that sometime! Im pretty sure that Clint really wanted to see 17 again... and he just had to act like it was an accident! It was so fun to play with Clint while he was here!