Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Decorating



We had a great surprise Wednesday. I was at work for a half day at school and I checked my phone messages after work and had one from my Mom. She called at 9am to say she woke up that morning and decided to drive to Washington and have Thanksgiving with us. She wanted to know if that was alright! So- I called her back at 12:30 and said, YES! They drove for almost 15 hours in the Thanksgiving traffic and then only stayed one day! Yes... that's right. We cooked our turkey with all the fixins on Thursday, had a delicious dinner and then my Mom and Tom took the kids to see Bolt. When they got home, Clint and I went with Mom and Tom to see Australia with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman (sigh!). It was a good (long!) movie. Clint doesn't like emotional drama's and so he had a harder time sitting through it, but I loved it.

This morning, Mom and Tom took off for the long drive back. Even though it was such a long trip, it was so fun to see them! After they left, Zach, Clint and I went out holiday shopping on "Black Thursday" to see what deals we could get. I found a small Kodak digital camera that I can take with me when I don't want to haul my big, nice Canon D-40. My camera is actually in the shop under warranty repairs after it was DROPPED by Clint (but I left the camera bag open). So these holiday decorating pictures are taken with the new one. It's so small and cute- it can easily fit in a pocket or purse. I also got David Cooks (think "American Idol") new CD- I love it.

In the afternoon, I took Zach to practice driving because he passed his written test the other day and now has an appointment on Wednesday to do the driving test with an instructor. While I was out with him, the girls got the whole Christmas tree up and decorated! Yeah! Here are some pictures...


And here's Kenzie in her new warm jammies...

3 comments:

Pippa Armitage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pippa Armitage said...

How fun!! I wish the "Christmas Fairies" would pop into my house and decorate my tree! We are putting ours up for Family Night on Monday. It should be really fun with Mack "helping". I am hoping that Santa brings me a new camera for Christmas!! I have been a good girl!
We hope that you all have a really special Christmas season!

Much love Pippa, Steve, Mack and Riley. xoxo

StaceyOstler said...

Sweet, for getting a new little camera. I love having one in my purse for taking quick snapshots.

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to drive themselves around and set up Christmas for me while I'm out shopping. That will be nice :)

I guess I'll just have to enjoy this time now when my kids think mom knows evertything, come to cuddle in bed with me, and pretty much do everything that is asked of them. That's pretty nice too:)

Congrats on Zack making the team. If you guys ever want to do a date night to a Kamiakin Basketball game give us a call. Basketball is our favorite sport to watch, we graduated from Kamiakin, and Dan coached there for 6 years so we usually go to quite a few games just for the fun of it.