Saturday, August 30, 2008

Birthday Surprise



I'm messing around on the computer last Friday night about 10pm when I hear a bang on my front door. Clint was at work and I was a little cautious to go see what it was, especially because I was in my PJ's and not exactly dressed for company. But as I looked at the front window I saw little Raquel standing there on my front step. She's the daughter of my good friend Traci, so I looked a little farther and sure enough.. Traci was there too! I opened the door and they were both standing there with a cake with candles lit and a big bouquet of pink roses. Well, can I tell you my eye's welled up a little bit! What a great surprise! Poor Traci wanted to make it a surprise for me for my 40th birthday and she got lost coming over from Spokane, and drove around Kennewick for about an hour talking (or was it yelling Traci?) at her husband on the phone. Unfortunately, mapquest doesn't do a good job getting to my house since we're in a new neighborhood (a little tip for anyone else who's planning a surprise visit). So- she came with Raquel to spend Saturday with me hanging out. What a fun day! Traci and I went shopping on our own and I bought some work clothes. Then we got the kids and went school supply shopping, had lunch at the Old Country Buffet and then they left about 4pm. Then, after they left, I dragged Clint and the 3 older girls to see Mamma Mia again. They hadn't seen it, but I really wanted to watch it again. I just really love it! Clint wasn't nearly as impressed... although I think I'm tapping into his feminine side just a bit- he's read all 4 of the "Twilight" books over the past few weeks.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Welcome to the
40's. YOu'll love it. Hope you enjoyed yourself.