Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Decorating



I fixed up Allison and Kenzie's room a while back and I never posted pictures. I made it into a guest room, so all the company we've been having would have a nice, comfortable place to sleep. Remember the story about how Allison and Kenzie were now sharing a queen bed and Kenzie wanted to keep her side all to herself and Allison wanted to at least touch Kenzie with her toes?? It still makes me smile to think about it. So, last week I told them if they could go a whole week without arguing at night about who's on who's side of the bed, I would get them a treat. It's funny how treats can solve ANY PROBLEM! All it takes is a .33 cent candy necklace people! So I'd better go get that treat because they've been doing great ever since. I'm not sure if Allison won out getting her feet planted on Kenzie... or if Allison is staying on her own side with her cold tootsies!
So... this is the guest room... feel free to come and visit.











I also redid Rachel's room for her birthday a few weeks back. I had done Emily's for her birthday... then I did Kenzie and Allies room. So of course Rachel was expecting big changes. I wasn't really feeling the "decorating spirit" at that point, so it was hard for me to get the motivation to do something. But I walked around Lowe's for about an hour the morning of Rachel's birthday trying to think of something to do... what color to paint the walls etc. I finally decided on blue for the walls (because her new bedspread is a really cute blue striped cover and her curtains are blue denim). Then, I put a darker grey color around the top with a quote that TOTALLY fit's Rachel and some of the Hawaiian accents that she loves being a Hawaii born baby! I still haven't totally finished. I bought thin wood to make a surfboard to go on the wall and I haven't done that yet. I also want to paint her furniture a matching color. I took two cork boards and used adhesive spray glue to attach coordinating fabric to the front for some wall accents. So- this is what it looks like so far.







3 comments:

Gordon said...

If well behaved women rarely make history, then I fully expect that Rachel will be part of some college text for future students. Of course she ALWAYS does what Grandpa asks of her, right, Sweetie.

Grandpa

Lisa said...

Wow Kate, you are still out of control. Can you come visit us and fix up my house. You have such and great eye and are so creative. I'm super impressed.

The Hartle's said...

Their rooms really are the cutest and I can personally vouch for the sweet guest room! Thanks again girls!