Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Good news, Bad news

So the good news around here is that Clint finished his training at work and he's now out on his own! It's been 4 months of training meetings, and riding with other officers while they evaluated his every move... but today is his first day out on his own! Yeah! I think he will start to enjoy himself much more now- it's frustrating not being able to do your own thing.

Now for the bad news... warning- there's a graphic picture below! Rachel was complaining about her leg being sore the past week with throbing pains and soreness. I thought it was a pulled muscle or something, but I didn't see anything when I looked like swelling or discoloration. Then, Sunday when I put muscle ache cream on it, she had a small rash on her knee. This picture is what it looked like on Monday.



I took her to the doctor and after hearing the symptoms- he said it was shingles! He said it was very uncommon for young people to get it- it's usually associated with older people with low immune systems. She had the chicken pox immunization when she was younger- but somehow the virus has been dormant until now. Needless to say- she's miserable! It's very painful and she's been laying on the couch watching movies all day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! Poor Rachel!! Give her a big hug for me!

~Rene

The Hartle's said...

That is so sad! I'm sure it will make her feel better if she knows that we are coming to visit her soon!

Anonymous said...

That looks like it hurt