We are definately living in a construction zone right now. We will eventually have 8 homes on the block we live on. There was only one other house besides ours when we moved in and recently they started construction on 4 more. Just yesterday they started the dig out for the house directly behind us. I'm actually really happy about that for a few reasons. One... when we get neighbors we can try and see if they want to split the cost of a fence. Then we won't have to put it up ourselves. If we are REALLY lucky, the builder will add it for the buyer (we're hoping for that scenario). Also, the dust here in the spring is bad from all the wind, so having homes around will cut down on that aspect. So here's the view from our backyard and side yard. Notice the porta-potty that tipped over last night... ewwww!
I also went out yesterday and bought the wood for shutters. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE shutters. I've made them 4 times before and this is my 5th time. I think they add so much character without a huge deal of cost. In fact, Zach has been wondering what kind of job he can get as he gets closer to turning 16 and I thought maybe he could wash windows (again with the dust here) or even make shutters and sell them on craigs list or pass out flyers in the neighborhood.
Here's the shutters... what do you think?
And one more indoor project. I added some lettering to my kitchen. If only it were really true!






2 comments:
You're right! The shutters are great.
I love your lettering too. I wish we lived closer so we could exchange fonts and play with each other's toys! :) (And by that, I wish I could play with your cutter!)
Hi Kate!! Just got home from Europe yesterday and was thrilled to see your AWESOME AWESOME CARD!!! Thank you SO MUCH! Would you be okay with me sharing your card on my blog? Please let me know! I have had fun cruising through your blog tonight. Love your home and what an adorable family. So sorry to hear about the house accident. Eeek! My sister did the same thing. Anyway....THANKS AGAIN!!!
Post a Comment