Thursday, October 11, 2007

New news

Well, we spent the weekend moving across the street to a bigger rental home. It's much bigger than the one we were in, and it has 2 bathrooms! Yippee! Can I just tell you how much I HATE being in a rental after owning a home?? Our landlord has this big ego trip and not a day goes by without him coming to tell me something. He was fixing some stuff in our new place, and I made sure that I asked him to give me notice before he came in. He said it was a law that he had to give me at least 24 hour notice. So yesterday, I get home and my door is wide open and he's in my bonus room with 2 people looking at a piece of carpet he wants to replace. I came in and he KNEW I was ticked. He said, "I tried to catch you before you left, but the carpet people were here so I came in." I said, "Well, I'll have to make sure you have my cell number." Today (because he came by again!) I told him I don't want him entering at all unless I'm home. I could tell he's a little ticked, but I DON'T CARE. I can't wait to move out... but we are still waiting for the job process that Clint is going through. They should be doing a background check over the next few weeks.

On a positive note, life is good. We are in a bigger home, the kids love living in town and so close to the schools. I have been doing lots of subbing jobs and Clint is staying busy at work. I like being able to pick days I don't want to work.

I saw a cute sign at a friends house, and I made one for myself. I'll take a photo soon and post it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yea. I'm happy you have a bigger place but sorry you have to deal with landlords. I always hated living in a place where the owner lived there also. I felt like I was just vistiting and I couldn't make it my own. good luck.